Swift

Not all those who wander are lost


September (or late August) means "back to school". There is no doubt about it. Beauty gurus say so. Lookbook says so. Suddenly notebooks and pens are sold everywhere. Away with the sunblock! In with the stationery! 
By the way, am I the only one who used the same backpack from middle school 'till the very last day of high school??


But for some people there is no school/university to go back to. "Lucky!" you'd say. Wellll.... Think of life this way: you wake up and you know which subjects you will take on that day, because you chose them previously. You are told the exact pages to study and you hopefully know when the next test will be. Until one day you graduate.
Then nobody will ever let you choose your modules again, no more exam dates, no more explained chapters. No more classrooms nor classmates. People with your same background are killer competitors, ready to jump in front of you for your dream job.

Ok fine, maybe I'm being overdramatic here. But you get the idea! ;)

I was thinking about this today while I was evaluating my situation and feeling somewhat lost. But then I realised one is lost only when he actually loses his path. Semantics at its finest. So what if I didn't exactly have a path, and I was simply wandering and wondering trying to find my way. This is not Wonderland, not all the ways are
the Queen's ways! So mine must be somewhere around here, or not around here at all, and the only way to find out is to keep searching (aka: sending CVs and hoping for the best).

Maybe John Ronald Reuel Tolkien was right, not all those who wander are lost. 




You Might Also Like

0 comments